SEK-Ciudalcampo has celebrated the European Week of Sportsd Sports Week, an event that aimed to promote physical activity and cultural awareness among students. During this week, the school organized different sports activities that encouraged students to engage physical activity.
Throughout the week, the school emphasized the importance and benefits of physical activity for health and wellness: better mental health, higher energy levels and reduced risk of chronic disease.
The event also helped enhancing teamwork skills and sportsmanship. Additionally, the celebration fostered cultural awareness and knowledge of the different sports practiced in Europe, which broadened students’ awareness of the world around them.
All educational cycles participated with their own activities:
- – School 1 students had a swimming activity together with their teachers to foster their physical activity.
- – School 2 students created their own fruit skewer to learn the importance of these foods and exercise fine motor skills.
- – 1st , 2nd & 3rd year students participated in different activities related to the heart along with sports activities.
– All the students of this educational cycle made a heart shape with their own body, an aerial photo of them together was taken as memory of the event.
- – 1st and 2nd grade students participated in a race in memory of Mr. Felipe Segovia.
- – 3rd and 4th grade students had their first contact with Pickleball, the second sport with the greater number of sport practicing in the US.
- – The 5th and 6th race in memory of Mr. Felipe Segovia in which our medical service took their heart rate before and after the race
- – 1st and 2nd year students participated in an outing to La Pesadilla preserve, in Ciudalcampo,
- – 3rd and 4thbasketball match against their teachers